Spiritual Practice

Admittedly this is not really "psychic phenomena" OR "weird stuff", but it doesn't fall under the horse banner either.  And the Masters all say that if you meditate long enough your psychic abilities increase and weird stuff eventually happens.  In the spirit of experimentation I will let you in on the beginning of my spiritual journey in hopes that it leads somewhere interesting... Ok, that was my ego talking!  My EGO wants it to be something worth talking about.  Of course, EGO is writing this blog, too, because the non-EGO part of me doesn't do stuff like this just to get attention.  Now that EGO has cleared that up, She would like to tell you all about her adventures!

I have been practicing a twice daily meditation ever since Monday.  This is the first time I have ever meditated twice a day, but for now it is something I look forward to.  It's not easy.  Some days you sit there and all this physical pain becomes obvious (it's been there all along, but when you sit still and pay attention it suddenly screams out at you - augh!)  However it pays off because I am calmer and more able to think clearly.  Sometimes a moment of clarity breaks through, a pause in the thoughts that stream into the mind like rush hour cars.

I was able to get a copy of "Sacred Earth - Places of Peace and Power" by Martin Gray at the library.  I want to own it!  Just reading it makes me feel at peace.  Looking through it I realized that we have been to almost every place in North America and Hawaii; Devil's Tower, Sedona, Shiprock, Chaco Canyon, White Sands, Mauna Kea and Haleakala Crater.  My only regret is that at the time we visited I didn't understand the significance of these places and so didn't look at them in a spiritual way. It is my intention to conduct a spiritual pilgrimage to places here in America and then overseas someday. 

In talking to my mother the other day, she said that she felt this valley we live in has good energy.  It is in a triangular valley, sort of a Fung Shui good luck thing, I think.  She says it is a "spiritual place" and I think it is.  However it's not of the caliber of the other places, but this is where I am and this is where it starts!

0 comments: